- 1.9 km swim– 1 lap
- 87 km bike – 4 laps / 750m elevation, (2,5km + 82km+2,5km)
- 21 km run – 4 laps / 100m elevation
PARTICIPATION DAY INSURANCE AND LICENSE
Participation is open to athletes of any nationality, licensed or not and of age 18+.
Each participant who takes part in the event individually must do so under their own responsibility and agrees to have a fitness level sufficient to complete each segment within cut off times marked by technical officials of the organisation.
We strongly recommend all the athletes to have the travel policy of the health insurance. During registration process, participants need to show their national triathlon licence. In case they don’t own it, they are obligated to pay the daily license registration desk.
This is non-drafting race.
The race is regulated according to the official ITU rules: https://www.triathlon.org/uploads/docs/itusport_competition-rules_2019.pdf
ARBITRATION AND TIMING
A referee judge appointed by the race organizers will have the final decision over any anomaly to the course of the event. Timing will be done through the electronic chip timing system.
REGISTRATION i CONDITIONS
Registration is transferable and implies acceptance of these rules. Prices and conditions are listed in the registration section.
At the time of collecting their material, each participant must show ID card or passport in order to confirm their identity and Triathlon federation licence.
SAFETY AND MEDICAL ASSISTANCE
Restricted areas will be controlled by guards of the organisation and can only be accessed through the presentation of the bracelet or the corresponding participant accreditation. Medical services for the organisation along the route, shall be authorized to remove any participant for medical reasons.
Any emergency vehicle that needs to use the cycling route will indicate their presence through light and sound signals. In all cases the vehicle will have priority over the triathletes, who must give way.
The rules governing this competition are the same as for one of the sectors that make up the race, ie, swimming, cycling and running. The only specific rules for relay teams are:
- Entry forms must be signed by the three members of relay teams. They will collect the race number/bib and documentation of the race in the hours and days set by the organisation.
- Each relay consists of a swimmer, cyclist and runner.
- Each team member will, in turn carry the timing chip worn on the ankle – this will be passed from each member of the team on completion of their section.
- The relay teams will have a specific area of the transition separate from individual participants.
- Relay teams can be male, female or mixed.
CLAIMS AND APPEALS
Following the race rules, any participant or coach of any of the clubs registered, may make claims on the provisional results, irregularities of the organisation or on sanctions applied by judges and officials.
Claims must be made in writing and handed to the Referee with a deposit of 50€, The referee will review the decision in the first instance. To resolve, the appeal will be delivered to the Appeals Committee for whoever solves the case.
In the event that the appeal reaches the Appeal Committee, the committee chairman will meet with the other members and listen to all parties involved and study the evidence. If the person making the appeal could not be present, their arguments may be left in writing.
Failure to comply may invalidate the appeal. Having heard all possible evidence, the committee will retire to consider its verdict, which is final and irrevocable. The first decision will be communicated verbally and then in writing. In the event that the Referee or the Appeals Committee decides in favour of the appellant, it will refund the full amount of the deposit.
Should inclement weather or circumstances beyond our control prevent the holding of the event according to the planned program with all of its segments (Swim, Bike, Run), the organisation will amend the event according to the judge’s decision.
- Cancellation of the swim leg due to bad sea conditions: the event becomes a duathlon
- Cancellation of the cycling event section, due to inclement weather, natural disaster with disqualification of the road: the event becomes an aquathlon
- Cancellation of the cycling section and swimming: the event becomes a running race
CUT OFF TIMES
- Swim: 01:15 h
- Bike: 5:45h after race (wave) start
- Finish: 08:00h from start of the race
Cut off times will apply regardless of the conditions. After these times, the participant will be out of competition and must move according to current traffic regulations.
THE ORGANIZER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHANGE THE REGULATIONS WITH PRIOR NOTICE AT WWW.PORECTRIATLON.COM WEBSITE AND RACE BULLETIN BOARD AND THE ORGANIZER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REFUSE REGISTRATION.